Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
A permanent, part-time role with a minimum of 28 hours per week, the position of Assistant Librarian requires a person qualified and experienced in the library profession. This person will facilitate access to Library services and collections and implement and deliver weekly children and youth programmes for Arrowtown Library. The role will also encompass circulation tasks to include: a combination of handling enquiries from the public; issuing and returning library materials; general shelving duties; maintaining borrower records and holds within the library management system; and supporting the team. The Assistant Librarian ensures customers receive accurate information and the service they require promptly, and in a friendly and professional manner. The focus of the role is on the provision of a positive customer experience at all times, both internal and external. The role requires Saturday work and sole charge leave cover will be required.
The Assistant Librarian will also support the district Librarian team, the Wakatipu Team Leader and the local branch Team and will collaborate with the wider QLDC library and organisational teams.
- 1-2 years’ Tertiary level qualification in Information & Library Studies
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer-facing and library role
- Ability to be helpful, respectful and responsive
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys communicating with and assisting people from other cultures, communities and countries
- Comfortable with cash handling
- Computer literate and technologically capable
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Company social club
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/
Applications close: Wednesday, 12 August 2020.