Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Building Control Officer to join the Planning & Development Team. You will be responsible for implementing the regulatory requirements of the Building Act, ensuring the quality of our residential and commercial buildings meet the requirements of our community and their occupiers. Your focus will be on inspecting building work to facilitate the issuing of Code Compliance Certificates and verifying that the finished work complies with the New Zealand Building Code.
The successful candidate will hold:
- Possess or be working towards an appropriate NZ qualification relating to Building Controls.
- A minimum of 3 years’ building control experience, or capability to develop this level of experience as a new Graduate under regulation 18 of the Building (Accreditation of Building Consent Authorities) Regulations 2006 (the Regulations).
- Sound knowledge of building industry legislation and related New Zealand standards.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, coupled with the ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative in approach.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Flexible working practices
- Regular working hours
- Discounted access to QLDC’s great health and fitness facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Extra annual leave awarded with years of service
- Relocation allowance and support considered for the successful candidate
How to Apply
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit the QLDC careers page at: https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/.
Please direct any questions to Robert Aurik, Team Leader Building Compliance on +64 (27) 4064903 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Tuesday 18 October, 2022.