Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Building Control Officer – Processing is responsible for administering the requirements of the Building Act 2004, the Building Regulations and the New Zealand Building Code, in accordance with the QLDC Policies and Procedures. You’ll have a focus on vetting/issuing building consents so that we ensure the quality of our residential and/or commercial buildings meet the requirements of our community and their occupiers. Be a trusted difference-maker in our vibrant community and help us build our best practice – the right way and as part of a unique and technically-savvy Building Services Team driven to bring their best (and develop the rest), in the best place on earth.
The successful candidate will hold;
- A minimum of 2 years’ industry experience.
- Possess or be working towards an appropriate NZ qualification relating to Building Controls, such as the NZ Diploma in Building Surveying (Level 6)
- Eligible for membership of the Building Officials Institute of NZ (BOINZ)
- Sound knowledge of building industry legislation and related New Zealand standards
- Possess an eye for detail with the ability to contrast and collate information without becoming enmeshed in the detail
- Conveys a professional and positive attitude, with a courteous and efficient manner
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
For further information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/ or feel free to contact Hamish Humphries – Team Leader – Building Consents (Processing) to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications now close: Friday, 30 April 2021.