Employing over 600 people in one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
We’re proud to be QLDC, and in response to the growth the district has experienced over recent years the QLDC organisation has itself experienced substantial growth. We genuinely believe in developing our people and providing them with all the tools and opportunities needed to succeed.
Our Libraries team are made up of dedicated, passionate individuals who enjoy working with and for our community. We’re looking for a Collections Librarian to develop and maintain our collections across the district.
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with the Library Services Manager and the Branch Library Managers, you’ll be responsible for the collection strategy and the development of a collections team. You’ll be an active promoter of and contributor to our shared vision of enriching minds and communities as a ‘one team, district wide’ culture.
The role will involve:
- Analysing collection content and developing new collections as required. Including cataloguing and ensuring we have the most accessible collections possible
- Creating and maintaining policies and plans regarding collections and regularly reviewing these to make sure they are fit for purpose
- Monitoring expenditure and contributing to the annual budget allocation process
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of the current library collections and being ready to assist customers when required
- Providing support and training to new and existing employees
- Supporting and promoting the use of Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga across physical and digital platforms
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have a degree in a relevant field, such as Library and Information Science or similar discipline and will have a number of years experience working within a library environment. This will include a comprehensive knowledge of collection management. You’ll have naturally strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with both internal and external stakeholders.
To best succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Experience with collection management tools
- Financial management experience
- Knowledge of information services principles and practices
To apply, head to http://qldc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/ and apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. For any questions, please get in touch with Sue Gwilliam, Library Services Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 11th December
Please note we review and process applications as they are received; we encourage your early application