Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
We’re looking for a switched on Communications Coordinator to support a wide range of communications and engagement activities right across Council.
This is a great opportunity for a new graduate or someone starting out in the communications field, to develop a broad range of skills in a supportive team environment.
No two days are the same in this role. You’ll assist with planning and developing content and campaigns for a range of internal and external projects and provide marketing and communications support to the Libraries team. You’ll also support the wider Engagement and Communications team by coordinating engagement events, education campaigns, assisting with digital communications and advertising
Our ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of two years working experience in a similar role or has a relevant qualification
- Outstanding written skills and a creative flair
- Attention to detail – no typo goes unchecked!
- A proactive, can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck in to support a busy team
- Competitive market remuneration
- The opportunity to join a great team
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Flexible working practices and regular working hours
- Subsidised health insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the successful candidate
How to apply
Please apply online by clicking the Apply button or via the QLDC careers page at: https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Naell Crosby-Roe on +64 (3) 441 1809 or via Naell.Crosby-Roe@qldc.govt.nz to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 14 October 2022.