Employing over 600 people in one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
We’re proud to be QLDC, and in response to the growth the district has experienced over recent years, QLDC has itself experienced substantial growth. We genuinely believe in developing our people and providing them with all the tools and opportunities needed to succeed.
The Wānaka Recreation Centre is a state-of-the-art pool and sports facility with an indoor lap and learners pool, indoor courts, outdoor sports fields and artificial turf. Open seven days a week including most public holidays, our aim is to get more people, more active, more often.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a part-time and casual Customer Service Advisors to join our Sport and Recreation team at the Wānaka Recreation Centre.
You’ll be at the forefront of our customer interactions and will be the first point of call for those entering the Centre. You’ll be handling all inquires via phone, email and through the web.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries, membership sales, activity registrations and event tickets
- Processing daily cash sales
- Taking bookings for our indoor courts
- Providing information about the Recreation Centre including pool and court use
- Ensure that visitors have the information they need about facility, services and programs.
- Assisting with indoor court set-ups including badminton, pickleball, volleyball, netball and basketball
- Ensuring health & safety hazards are addressed and minimized
- Mondays 2:00pm to 9:15pm
- Sundays 1.00pm to 8.15pm
There are opportunities to pick up additional hours at our other Recreation Centre – Paetara Aspiring Central, and additional hours at Wanaka Recreation Centre should that be of interest.
Various hours available - Monday to Sunday anywhere between 5:45am to 9.30pm at both Wanaka Recreation Centre and Paetara Aspiring Central.
What you’ll bring to the role
You’re a customer service superstar with a background in hospitality, retail or sports and recreation. You’ll be self-motivated and enjoy working with an energetic team who have a passion for sports, health and wellness.
You’ll have outstanding customer service skills, be an excellent communicator and always eager to help. Working calm under pressure, you’ll also be experienced in dealing with customers’ feedback and working through solutions. An interest in the recreation or leisure industry is a bonus!
To best succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- A passion for sports, health and wellness
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- NCEA Level 2 in Sports and Recreation (desirable but not essential)
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Experience using POS system
- Access to our network of health & and fitness facilities including discounted sports league and school holiday programme care.
- A range of professional development opportunities including gaining a New Zealand Certificate in Sport, Exercise, Leisure and Operations (SELO)
- First Aid training provided
To apply, head to http://qldc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/ and apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. For any questions, please get in touch with Rachael Orr, Customer Service Supervisor at Rachael.email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 4th December