Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Wanaka Recreation Centre has several permanent part time opportunities for enthusiastic Customer Service Advisors. We have two exciting opportunities available:
Opportunity 1 - Permanent part time (30 hours per week), with morning shifts from Wednesday to Sunday.
Opportunity 2 - Permanent part-time (10 hours per week), on Monday and Wednesday from 4pm-9.15pm.
You will provide exceptional customer service to all Queenstown Lakes District Council leisure and recreation clients at the Wanaka Recreation Centre. You will ensure your key areas of responsibility are managed in a friendly and efficient manner. This includes:
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Implement and maintain reception area systems
- Receive and process customer enquiries, membership sales, activity registrations, and event ticketing – in person across the counter, by telephone, online, and via post
- Carry out court or room set ups within the Centre when required
- Assist with any casual bookings at the centre when required
- Accurately enter and record details of members and prospective members in the LINKS system
- Process daily cash sales, EFTPOS transactions, invoice payments and end of day reconciliations
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- NCEA Level 2 qualification
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Prior experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Experience in the recreation and leisure industry would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to positively communicate with, and relate well to, a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and ages
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, direct and liaise with the public and to positively resolve any customer issues in a sensitive and empathetic manner
- Competency in administration systems with proven attention to detail
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Discounted access to QLDC’s great health and fitness facilities
- Company social club
How to Apply
For more information on this role or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co
Applications close: Wednesday 6 July, 2022.