We want you to join our crew! We have a full time position with a minimum of 32 hours per week available. This role is based at the Queenstown Events Centre. There will be opportunities to pick up additional hours at QEC and Arrowtown Pool (seasonal, open through to 7th March).
As a Health and Fitness Aquatics Crew (Lifeguard) it will be your job to ensure the safe supervision of all users in an aquatic environment. You will be expected to provide a high level of customer service, make great health and safety decisions, have pride in cleaning and custodianship and be competent to provide emergency response where required.
This role is instrumental in assisting with participation of our community and membership retention by ensuing a fun and dynamic, yet safe and effective environment and facility. Your goal is to get more people, more active, more often.
The successful candidate must be willing to work a range of morning, day, evening and weekend shifts across 7 days. The role currently includes a range of evening, day, morning work and weekends.
To be considered, you will have;
- Experience in the supervision and control of the public
- A positive, can do attitude and proven ability working well as part of a team
- Flexibility to work a range of morning, evening and weekend shifts
- A confident swimming ability – able to swim 200m continuously and competently in less than 6 minutes but preferably in less than 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Must be able to competently complete 25m sidestroke, 50m Breaststroke, 5 minutes treading water and you must be able to recover an object from the deepest part of the facility. Must be able to carry out a variety of water rescues and life-saving techniques correctly and competently.
- A current NZQA affiliated First Aid Certificate that meets the following unit standards. Unit standards Group A (both of 26551 & 26552) and/or unit standards group B (all of: 6400, 6401, 6402)
- A current NZ Pool Lifeguard Skills Award or Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate. (training can be provided to the right candidate).
In return the successful candidate will receive;
- A great working environment as part of a large competent team
- Competitive market remuneration
- Regular work hours
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Free gym membership, and discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Company social club
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/
Applications close: 24 February 2021