Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
Enjoy working with the public and a strong swimmer? Don't want to be stuck behind a desk? Join our Lifeguard team at the Wanaka Recreation Centre!
What you'll be doing
We want you to join our crew! The Wanaka Recreation Centre are looking for Lifeguards to join the team in permanent part-time roles. It will be your job to ensure the safe supervision of all users in the aquatic environment. You will be expected to provide a high level of customer service, make great health and safety decisions, take pride in cleaning and custodianship and be competent to provide emergency response where required.
This role is instrumental in ensuring a fun and dynamic, yet safe and effective environment and facility for our customers. Your goal is to get more people, more active, more often!
You will be willing to work a range of morning, day, evening and weekend shifts across 7 days. The hourly rate starts from $23.65 - $25.63 (depending on skills and experience), we also offer a host of exciting benefits and a commitment to your ongoing development.
What you will bring to the role
Ideally you'll have:
- Experience in the supervision and control of the public.
- A positive, can do attitude and proven ability working well as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work a range of morning, evening and weekend shifts.
- A confident swimming ability – able to swim 200m continuously and competently in less than 6 minutes but preferably in less than 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Must be able to competently complete 25m sidestroke, 50m Breaststroke, 5 minutes treading water and you must be able to recover an object from a 2 metre depth.
- A current NZQA affiliated First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain one on placement.
- A current NZ Pool Lifeguard Skills Award or Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate (training can be provided to the successful candidate).
If you are keen to learn and think you can pass a swim test, we want to hear from you!
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/.
Please direct any questions to Michelle Tetzlaff at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always recruiting and will be reviewing applications as they come through so encourage you to get your application in early
This role is considered a children’s worker role and will be subject to safety checking as part of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.