Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Organisation Performance Advisor facilitates planning, advice, training, and support to QLDC directorates enabling leadership teams to develop their plans and deliver their work programmes and achieve quality outcomes for QLDC and our communities.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination of monitoring and reporting activity and developing consolidated reports for organisational performance reporting against plans and work programmes to the Executive Leadership team, relevant governance committees and the wider organisation.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the statutory planning processes (Ten Year Plan, Annual Plan and Annual Report), and the creation, development, progress and reporting requirements.
You will also be tasked with scoping and delivering specific projects designed to drive improvements in long term and annual planning processes and associated monitoring and reporting processes and to evaluate and report on organisational performance, identifying areas of improvement.
To be successful, you should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in a similar role, focused on organisation performance, business planning and process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, managing and delivery of corporate projects using a project management methodology.
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop analytical frameworks and manage organisation-wide systems and processes.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of functions at every level of the organisation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of presenting to senior leaders of an organisation.
- Ability to analyse data, track and report on variances to targets.
- Organisation skills to marshal staff and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish set goals.
- Relevant experience in a Local Government setting and an understanding of the requirements of the Local Government Act and other guiding legislation for the public sector with New Zealand would be warmly received.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Flexible working practices
- Regular working hours
- Discounted access to QLDC’s great health and fitness facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Extra annual leave awarded with years of service
- Relocation allowance and support considered for the successful candidate
How to Apply
For further information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/.
Please direct any queries on this role to Chloe Baldwin, HR Advisor at email@example.com or via phone on +64 3 441 3661 to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 24 October, 2022.