Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
Are you looking for a challenging yet collaborative role where you can bring innovation to attract high quality candidates?
We’re looking for a talented Recruitment Officer to join the wider People and Capability Team. This role will give you the opportunity to bring your proven recruitment experience to drive a robust recruitment process while bring innovation to attract high quality candidates. This role will require you to juggle competing demands when multiple assignments are underway.
Not only will you work with a supportive and knowledgeable team but this role will also give you the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution and grow your career.
Key duties include:
- Running a full end to end recruitment cycle
- Providing advice and support to managers on QLDC’s recruitment processes
- Targeted recruitment advertising to attract high calibre candidates
- Working in partnership with hiring managers to understand their requirements and advise on a plan to meet their needs
- Manage agency relationships
- Providing a first-class candidate experience at every stage of the process
- Help to build manager capability through delivery of recruitment training workshops
- Play a key role in recruitment related projects
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a recruitment or HR role
- The ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers
- An innovative approach to work
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to meet changing needs
- A strong process focus and high attention to detail
- The ability to juggle and prioritise a busy workload
- A can-do attitude, be a positive team player who takes an energetic approach to the job
- Competitive market remuneration
- A supportive environment and great learning and development opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Flexible working practices
- Regular working hours
- Discounted access to QLDC’s great health and fitness facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Extra annual leave awarded with years of service
- Relocation allowance and support considered for the successful candidate
How to Apply
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit the QLDC careers page at: https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/. Please direct any questions to Claire Bennett, HR Manager on +64 3 450 1797 or via email at to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Tuesday 5 July, 2022.