Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) are now seeking applications for the position of Roading Engineer. This is a full-time, permanent role sitting within the Council’s Property and Infrastructure team.
The function of the Roading Engineer within the Infrastructure Operations Team is to provide technical input into a range of functions in the roading space; from attending to customer enquiries through to detailed engineering design reviews.
The position will be a key input in scoping, prioritising, developing, and reporting on the Minor Capital Works Programme, supported by the Senior Project Manager – Infrastructure Operations, who holds responsibility for the delivery of the programme. The position will be accountable for technical outcomes both through design and on-site.
In addition, the Roading Engineer will be required to be involved in the development and/or review of operational documentation and processes. This will include internal business improvement initiatives and also input into processes administered by other teams, including: Film Permits, Licence to Occupy (LTO) applications, road closure applications and parking permits.
The successful candidate will hold:
- Relevant engineering qualification (minimum Civil Engineering Diploma – Level 6, or Bachelor of Engineering or higher)
- 3+ years of progressive experience in roading engineering, including asset management experience, in the Client, Consultant or Contractor space.
- Proven experience with RAMM and RAMM Contractor
- Must be able to prioritise and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, and work outside of core hours from time to time as required.
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Proven practical experience with financial information systems.
- Well-developed people and communication skills, and a strong customer ethos.
- Conveys a professional and positive image
- Holder of a current and valid NZ Driver’s licence.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will also be considered
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/ or feel free to contact Ben Greenwood, Roading Operations and Contracts Manager via +64 (3) 4413 652 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Thursday, 24 June 2021.