Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Senior Management Accountant - Team Leader provides co-ordination and leadership to the Management Accounting team to enable them to provide comprehensive reporting and advisory services and financial planning to the organisation.
You will lead and foster a positive culture to ensure the management and delivery of advisory activities is service-centric, efficiently run, value-added, and meets the needs of the organisation. You will develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that solutions are aligned with the Annual Plan/Long Term Plan and policy decisions.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide forward-looking, activity-based, and value-adding financial analysis with insights into QLDC’s operations and business plans.
- Regularly review business unit performance against annual plans, re-forecasts and the Long-Term Plan and report on the results of the review and any variances to the Finance Manager.
- Report to senior management and the Council on strategic financial issues, including providing advice on cost drivers, and investment and funding models.
- Provide scenario planning and financial modelling as required.
- Investigate and assist with development of a framework for Carbon Accounting.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Hold a Tertiary qualification in finance or accounting.
- Be a Chartered Accountant, member of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand or equivalent.
- Have significant experience in management accounting, financial modelling, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a team.
- Have prior experience in a commercial accounting environment including managing the business planning and forecasting processes.
- Be experienced with management reporting and presenting to senior management.
- A proven problem solver and strategic thinker who can make the connections between various aspects of the organisation and implications for business units.
- Proven experience within systems accounting and process improvement, coupled with strong spread-sheeting and financial modelling skills.
- Have a highly motivated, achievement-oriented, and innovative approach.
- Competitive market remuneration
- A supportive environment and great learning and development opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Flexible working practices
- Regular working hours
- Discounted access to QLDC’s great health and fitness facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Extra annual leave awarded with years of service
- Relocation allowance and support considered for the successful candidate
How to Apply
For more information on this role or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co or contact Paddy Cribb, Finance Manager via +64 (3) 450 0535 or email@example.com to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Wednesday 6 July, 2022.