Senior Policy Planner
Employing over 500 staff in one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is seeking applications for the position of Senior Policy Planner. QLDC have up to two permanent, full-time roles available within the Policy Planning team.
The Senior Policy Planner role leads research, drafts policies and guidelines, monitors outcomes under the LGA and RMA, advising the Council on urban and rural planning policy and RMA matters, responding to District Plan enquiries and preparing planning strategies, analysis reports, plan changes and evidence.
The successful candidate will hold:
- Tertiary degree qualification in planning or related discipline.
- Membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute, or eligibility for membership.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated practical application (3+ years) of the Resource Management Act 1991 and allied legislation.
- Experience in both a policy planning & consenting environment desirable.
- Proven experience with district plan reviews, or other planning policy areas, in a New Zealand Local Government Environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present topics to the public, professionals and meetings.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience with carrying out GIS analysis and mapping.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative professional.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Opportunity for flexible working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Participation in quarterly team fun events and wider Council social events
- Relocation allowance considered for the right candidates
- Subsidised mobile phone
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/ or contact Rachel Beer – Planning Support Manager, in the first instance. To discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence, phone (03) 441 0499 or e-mail email@example.com.
Applications close: Tuesday, 22 June 2021.