The best place in NZ to gain such extensive planning experience. Opportunity to influence a range of complex and extraordinary planning consideration.
Outstanding opportunity to contribute to a wide range of interesting and challenging work that will shape your career and the future of the Queenstown Lakes District!
- An opportunity to influence a range of complex and extraordinary planning consideration
- Enhancing the quality and liveability of the outstanding environment in Queenstown
- Enjoying incredible work life balance and alluring outdoor activities
Employing over 600 people in one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is at the very heart of a dynamic community.
We’re a small Council with big city issues – with urban growth and development pressures on our rural and water resources. With 97% of our District an outstanding natural landscape, we hold a key role in protecting our beautiful backdrop and unique place.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Senior Planner ready to expand their horizons. Our applications? Some simple, a lot complex. You’ll advance your experience of notified applications, attend hearings, and may work on appeals (our District produces a large percentage of RMA case law). This is the best place in NZ to gain such extensive planning experience.
You’ll join a team of 20+ planners in the most beautiful and fun environment in Aotearoa. You’ll process land use and subdivision resource consent applications, particularly complex ones, including appeals. Additionally, as a senior you’ll share technical knowledge, review planner recommendations, and exercise decision making under Council’s delegations.
What you'll bring to the role
- Tertiary degree qualification in Resource Management/ Urban Planning (related discipline considered).
- 5+ years significant knowledge and practical application within the planning industry of the RMA and allied legislation relating to resource consent processes and implementing a District Plan
- Membership of the NZPI or equivalent, or eligibility for membership
- Can-do and outcome-focussed attitude and ability to develop and enhance positive relationships
- Problem solving mind set, ability to think strategically, pragmatically and outside the box – be a planner who thinks!
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Encourage collaboration and work positively in a team environment
- Full driver’s license
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance considered for the right candidates
How to Apply
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit the QLDC careers page at https://www.qldc.govt.nz/your-council/careers
For a confidential discussion about this role and its salary band, contact Alana Standish, Resource Consents Team Leader, on +64210684759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will review and process applications as they are received; we encourage your early application