Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
The Subdivision Officer and Technical Administration role assists with the Subdivision function within the Resource Management Engineering, Subdivision, Development Contributions and Property team at QLDC. This role is a fulltime fixed term opportunity for 18 Months.
You will assist the team by undertaking various technical administration tasks including processing Licence to Occupy and Temporary Road Closure applications and assisting with the Engineering Acceptance function.
In your role as Subdivision Officer, you will be responsible for the approval of survey plans and the preparation and release of certification and associated Local Government and Resource Management Act documentation as it relates to subdivisions and developments.
This role requires strong attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks. The ability to read and interpret scheme and survey plans will be warmly received.
To be the successful candidate, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field and experience of land development, subdivision planning and administration.
- A working knowledge of the RMA, Local Government Act and related legislation.
- Detail oriented with strong organisation and project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- A highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative approach.
- Experience within the Surveying, Engineering or Resource Management field and familiarity of Land Online (LINZ) would be warmly received.
- Competitive market remuneration
- The opportunity to join a great team
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Extra annual leave awarded with years of service
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the successful candidate
For more information on this role or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co or contact Dave Wallace, Manager - RM Engineering, Subdivision and DC's via +64 3 450 0301 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close: Wednesday 6 July, 2022.