The Swim Instructor role is responsible for ensuring the safe and enjoyable delivery of Aquatic Services by providing the instruction of our learn to swim service to all customers. Your friendly and helpful service will help maximise customer learning and enjoyment and you will be focused on ensuring personal safety and the safety of others in the delivery of our Learn to Swim services. We’re seeking a dynamic and driven individual for the Swim School Instructor opening based at the Queenstown Events Centre.
Queenstown Events Centre has a permanent, part-time swim school instructor role available.
Who are we looking for?
The Swim School Instructor is responsible for ensuring the safe and enjoyable delivery of Aquatic Services by providing the instruction of Learn to swim services to all customers. Teaching Adult Beginners and Learn to Swim programmes (this includes children aged 3+ years) Your friendly and helpful service will help maximise customer learning and enjoyment. You will be focused on ensuring personal safety and the safety of others. Drawing on your experience & expertise in this space, you will also bring:
- AustSwim Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety, or Swim Teacher Award (SNZ STA)
- 3 years minimum relevant experience as a Swim School Instructor
- A current NZQA affiliated First Aid Certificate
- High School NCEA or Bursary (minimum level of education required)
- Experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to use computer based work systems
- Passion for working within a community focused centre
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/
Applications close: Tuesday, 20 April 2021.