Employing over 600 people in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. We’re proud to be QLDC, and in response to the growth the district has experienced over recent years the QLDC organisation has itself experienced substantial growth. We genuinely believe in developing our people and providing them with all the tools and opportunities needed to succeed.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Town Custodian who will be responsible for the day-to-day cleaning and presentation, liaison with contractors and retailers, and providing accurate and friendly information to visitors. This is a permanent full-time opportunity to manage the cleanliness and presentation of the town centre for residents and visitors.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking cleaning using appropriate methods and routines to achieve a high standard of presentation at all times
- Identifying and resolving issues and defects and reporting to supervisor when required
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with local retailers and property managers
- Displaying an open and welcoming approach to visitors and providing a knowledgeable response to any questions
Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and public holidays is key for this role. Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
What you will bring to the role
- Previous experience in a service delivery role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience in the operation of machinery
- A good level of physical fitness as this role requires some heavy lifting
- Current full and clean New Zealand Drivers Licence and the ability to drive a manual vehicle
In return, you will be rewarded with a host of exciting benefits and a commitment to your ongoing development.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsided health insurance
- Discounted access to QLDC’s great health and fitness facilities
- Free eye checks and annual flu shots
- Full uniform provided
How to Apply
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit the QLDC careers page at: https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/Please direct any questions to Adriano Pedrosa on +64 (21) 2846227 or via email at Adriano.Pedrosa@qldc.govt.nz to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Please note applications will be reviewed and processed as they come through, so we encourage your early application